Friday, September 17, 2010

Workspace Inspiration

First off, thanks to everyone who stopped by and shared my enthusiasm about setting up a studio. It's so nice to hear that other people get as excited about this stuff as I do!  :)

I've been doing a bit of research for how I want to set up my studio and what I ultimately want it to look like. As promised, I'm sharing a bit of inspiration with you today (and possibly more to come, depending on how long it takes to actually get the space up and running...we'll see).

I love the way this room flows, with a workstation island centrally placed and tons of storage all around.
Source

If I could get my hands on a cabinet like this, there would be no end to the organizing I could do!
Source

Ah, I love love love the style of this room! The colors are so pretty and classy!
Source

I would love to paint a few chairs and create decorations for the shelves to brighten up the room like they did here:
Source

I have this really cute dresser that I snagged for 5 bucks at a garage sale this summer, and I'm definitely planning on creating some nifty, organized drawers like this.
Source

I won't be able to create a custom chandelier for my craft studio, but it's so pretty I just had to include it!
Source

I love the idea of painting a cabinet for pretty storage spaces! I'll have to look into some cute stamps as embellishments  ;)
Source

I hope you all enjoyed this bit of inspiration and please be sure to send me any links you may have for more ideas! I'm sure it will be awhile before I get my studio fully decorated, so any pictures you can share to keep me motivated would be most appreciated ;)

Now I'm off to get our apartment ready for my boyfriend's mom, who is visiting from California!!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely spaces! The striped bar stools and painted cabinet are super cool ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, I love an organized craft room. This totally gives me inspiration to re-do mine. Thanks for the awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I dream of having my own little creative space someday as well. For now I have to settle for a corner... I will be sure to pass along any inspirational photos I come across. I love anything that has to do with organization! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cabinet and would like to have it. We have plans to get a studio set up eventually so I've been researching too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful spaces! So inspiring and elegant!
    Lovely photos, too!

    Hope you're having a great day!

    B :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful inspirations!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower! Much appreciated! And I would LOVE to see your garland when you get it posted! Glad you love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds nice. I'll think about it. I hope your dream comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just passing by to say hi and thanks for your lovely comments on my blog!

    Hope you're having a wonderful day!

    B :-)

    ReplyDelete