Monday, September 13, 2010

Studio on the Horizon!

Yesterday while my boyfriend and I were driving home from New Paltz after dropping off some candles and then gorging ourselves on Indian food, I was talking (yet again) about how I would LOVE to have a room that I could dedicate as my studio for making candles. I'm one of those people that is so easily affected by my environment and I also love to be super organized, so working out of our tiny apartment has been a challenge.

Then my boyfriend mentioned that there's an extra room in the main house of the building we rent from.I'm not sure why neither of us ever thought of this before, but it would be perfect for a studio! No one ever uses this extra room, it's practically right outside my front door, and our landlord is so cool about us using the space.

I was so excited about the prospect of having my own workspace that we went and took a look at the room as soon as we got home. Right now it's a mess because it's full of random things people have been storing, but I'm sure with one whirlwind weekend of cleaning and organizing, I can get it in tip-top shape.

Ah, I am so unbelievably psyched! I can't wait to: 1. clean it  2. organize it  3. decorate it and FINALLY  4. work in it. I'm hoping I can get started on it next week, so I'll be sure to keep you all updated! I'll also be researching some inspiration for decorating and will be posting those soon too. Yaaay!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have those "duh, why didn't I think of that sooner?" moments. Sounds excellent and exciting. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, that's awesome! Yay studio for Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, please share photos! I love seeing other studio spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fantastic! I also love seeing other people's studios. I'm currently sharing my studio with my 5 month old son. :) Don't get much me time, but it's a cozy spot. I hope to have a space all to my own someday though. Can't wait to see photos of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I know when I finally set up my own work space in our home, I became so much more productive. Not to mention the fact that I love having a super-organized space all to myself! By the way, I love your candles. I need to check those out in person sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from the Blog Hops! I love your site. I can't wait to get to know you better. Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and I would love if you could join in.

    http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

    ReplyDelete