Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Busy Day and a Calming Treasury

Yesterday was insanity. Per usual, my sister slept over on Friday night and we went to yoga on Saturday morning. There's a cool Bed & Breakfast a few minutes away called Turquoise Barn, where they have their own farm and offer raw and/or vegan food to their guests. In keeping with this theme, the owner teamed up with a local yoga instructor to offer classes on Saturday mornings, so my sister and I have been going together the past few months. I've been doing yoga for awhile now, but I always look forward to getting out of the house and practicing outside or in the neat, refurbished old barn at Turquoise Barn (hence the name!!). Anyway, I've managed to ramble now...

After yoga, we showered and headed out to Avalon Moon in Delhi to pick up some of my beloved essential oils because I have an upcoming craft fair and will need to make some more of my aromatherapy candles. After that we drove to Hamden so that I can replenish some of my candles at an adorable farm store called Lucky Dog. (That's right, folks, Candles By Nature is all over the place now! haha.) After we hit the more local spots it was finally time to make the trip to New Paltz to drop off some stock at American Craftsman. The shop is now under new ownership, so this was also a chance for me to meet the new owner, Cat, who was really sweet. What's also really exciting is that American Craftsman is now carrying my full Aromatherapy Collection, so I'm super psyched about that  :)

After American Craftsman, my candle work was done and my sister and I had some time to roam around New Paltz and check out the shops. There are a bunch of really neat stores in the town, but my all-time favorite is a clothing store called the Groovy Blueberry. I literally would wear everything in that store and their prices are reasonable, too!

We had such a long day and I didn't end up getting home until about 9:30 after driving for hours, but it was so worth it. We got in some quality sister time and I introduced her to a cool little town. Oh, and of course, I also got more of my candles out there which is always a great thing!

In stark contrast to my crazy Saturday, my Vanilla Amber candle was featured in this great Treasury entitled Slow Sensual Saturday. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment