Friday, December 9, 2011

Aromatherapy/Botanicals Tip of the Week

Last weekend, I made some homemade bath goodies. Among these, was a facial cleanser made from sweet almond oil and honey. The recipe below comes from the Winter 2011 issue of Herb Quarterly, a wonderful publication chock full of great tips and recipes for pretty much anything you can think of.


Almond Oil Cleanser
This cleanser is perfect for dry skin because the sweet almond oil is extremely moisturizing while still light so that it doesn't clog your pores.

2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup sweet almond oil

Mix together all ingredients by hand until well mixed (I used a 4-ounce container, which worked perfectly). To use, place a small amount in the palm of your hand and massage into your skin. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry.

Just a little personal note...The first time I used this cleanser, I was a bit disappointed in how long it took to feel like the oil fully rinsed off, but once I dried my face I noticed that my skin was left feeling wonderfully soft and moisturized. So, don't be turned off by the first impression--this cleanser is definitely worth it, especially during the winter months when your skin is prone to becoming dry and irritated!

No comments:

Post a Comment