Friday, November 11, 2011

Aromatherapy/Botanicals Tip of the Week

I just discovered this great blog maintained by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Their November post was written by Gina Rafkind, an Aromatherapy Consultant. In her post, Rafkind explains how aromatherapy can be helpful for relieving anxiety. This sparked my interest because my sister has struggled with anxiety for several years and at one point even suffered from anxiety-induced seizures. Now that I have some reliable information on using aromatherapy to treat anxiety, I'm definitely going to pass this along to my sister! Hopefully she can use aromatherapy to supplement her current treatment rather than solely relying on synthetic medications.

In particular, Rafkind highlights specific oils, including ylang ylang, chamomile, sandalwood, and lavender. She also goes into detail about exactly how aromatherapy triggers your sense of smell in order to redirect your thoughts away from anxiety. For more information on her helpful suggestions, visit the post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment