Saturday, April 23, 2011

Color Inspiration

It's been quite awhile since I've posted and I'm going to blame that on the cold, icky weather that just makes me feel lazy. Now that spring is in the air, I'm starting to think about my upcoming projects to brighten up my workspace.

The first thing I like to think about when revamping a space is COLOR. For me, picking a color (or two or three or four) helps me decide what I want to do with everything else. So my first step for my workspace is to decide what colors I want to use for everything.

I've already painted the picture frames that I have hanging above the dresser. For those, I used Windwood Spring, which is a fresh, cool green and Woven Basket, which looks, well, like a cute, country basket color.



Here they are in action, on the picture frames, which were originally a plain, light wood:





I was originally thinking of painting the dresser in Woven Basket as well, but I tried it on a spot of the wall and it just wasn't quite right. (Did I mention that I'll also be painting my living room yellow? I think I'm a bit obsessed...) So I'm still on the hunt for that perfect color for the dresser.

Here is some inspiration I've found online:

Source

Source

Source  
Source
Source

If you happen to love with yellow as much as I do and have some inspiration to share, please let me know, I'd love to take a look!

1 comment: