Friday, October 22, 2010

Snowy Halloween?

Can it be? Is it seriously snowing already?!? Yes, indeed it is. I awoke this morning to snow flurries here in the Catskills. This is my second winter up here, but I'm not sure I'll ever get used to seeing snow before Halloween. It's just nuts!

Although it throws me off a bit to dust snow off my car this early, I must admit it was really pretty. It was such a serene view this morning to see the snow flurries and hear the birds chirping (those that haven't yet left for warmer weather). It stopped snowing a little while ago, but the mountains are still coated with a bit of powder. Now we have sunny skies and snowy mountains--gorgeous!

In honor of the first snow of the year, I'm going to share with you guys some of my favorite Etsy picks for scarves and hats. Time to bundle up!

Snowy White Hat and Scarf Set from Aunt Zarina's Shop


Milk Chocolate Crochet Hat and Scarf Set by Red Hen Studios

Hand-Knit Hat and Scarf Set by Klose Knit

Hat and Scarf Set in Rust Merino/Camel Blend by AnneChristine Designs

Gray Hood by Afra

Plum Hood Scarf by I am not a wallflower

2-in-1 Hat and Scarf by SalbyN

I am completely in love with all of these picks! It's a good thing I already promised a friend I would get my next hat and scarf from her, otherwise I would be faced with having to choose between these. On second thought, you can never have too many hats and scarves, right? Maybe I'll get another set...just for back-up, ya know?  ;)

Tomorrow I'll be at the Street fair in Hyde Park, which is happening again this weekend due to bad weather last Saturday. If you're in the area, stop by Surviving Sisters and say hello! We should have nice weather this time around, hopefully there won't be any snow!

5 comments:

  1. Snow? Seriously? That's so weird... and awesome.

    Best of luck on the Street Fair! I'm there in spirit! Halfway through the day my spirit will probably steal some of your money. Heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow already!? Wow... it's cold where I live too, we had some sleet the other day, but no snow yet. Love your picks for hats and scarves! Good luck at the Street fair.

    Trina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice selection, thanks for including us. The MD mountains are showing off their foliage this week - no snow yet.

    Good luck at your street fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including my scarf!As much as I love winter accessories though I miss the summer like mad! Great blog x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's uncommonly warm in Delaware today, over 80 degrees, so it's strange to think of snow. Gorgeous scarf and hat features!

    ReplyDelete