Thursday, August 12, 2010

Burn, Baby, Burn

So I recently decided to try out a new company for my supplies because the one I was using charged insane shipping fees. When it got to the point where the shipping was costing more than the items themselves, I figured it’s time to explore some new options. After much research I found a new company that has reasonable prices and much nicer shipping costs.

Now the hard part is to find the right wick from this new company. If you’ve made candles before, you can attest to the fact that finding the perfect wick can easily drive anyone insane. To be honest, it’s my least favorite aspect of making candles because it inevitably involves some failure when you try out a bunch of wicks and some of them just don’t seem to burn perfectly. On the other hand, when I do find the right wick, the crazy perfectionist in me is VERY happy and I do a little dance (much to my boyfriend’s embarrassment).

Okay, returning from my tangent, I’m now testing various wicks from this new company. Rather than burn a bunch of candles in my living room while I watch back-to-back Buffy episodes on Netflix, I realized that I might as well burn them at work and make the office smell nice. We’re just sitting at our desks all day anyway, right? At this moment myself, my boss and my co-worker are burning awesome lavender candles made with essential oils, so they truly do smell like the real thing. I’ve periodically been poking my head into their offices like a worried mother to see how they’re burning. After about 2 hours, it’s looking like I finally found my match, but I’m going to let them continue burning for awhile longer to be doubly sure.

I gotta say, this was a great idea of mine—not only do I get to be super efficient and test out wicks while I’m at work, but I also get to share this amazing lavender scent at the office, too. I think I’ll go ahead and give myself a pat on the back  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment