Friday, April 6, 2012

Aromatherapy/Botanicals Tip of the Week

Being a candle maker, I typically burn candles at home to keep our rooms smelling fresh and clean. But sometimes you want something quicker that you can just spritz before leaving the room. In the past, I've used commercial room sprays but I always found them to be irritating. Then, when we got our cat I noticed she would wince and get all squinty whenever I used a room spray (even though I've always been careful not to spray it in her direction). I felt so bad about possibly irritating my kitty's eyes that I started looking for a recipe for a natural room spray and I cam across this super easy version. The original recipes called for only 10 drops of essential oils but it was such a slight aroma, it was practically invisible. So we bumped it up a bit. Play around with the amount of essential oils and figure out what works best for your personal preference. Enjoy!


Natural Room Spray
(Makes 8 ounces)

1/2 cup vodka (the cheap-o stuff will do)
1/2 cup water
20-30 drops of your favorite essential oils (I used 14 drops of rosemary and 14 drops of juniper)

Combine all ingredients in an 8-ounce spray bottle. Shake before each use.


No comments:

Post a Comment